LOWER YOUR CHOLESTEROL NATURALLY
I HAD HIGH CHOLESTEROL!
My area of interest is reversing high cholesterol. Why? Because I had high cholesterol myself - despite what I considered to be a healthy diet!
Thanks to dietary & lifestyle interventions & some targeted supplements, I managed to reduce my own cholesterol levels back to within range.
IT IS POSSIBLE TO REDUCE YOUR CHOLESTEROL NATURALLY
If you have recently been diagnosed with high Cholesterol, it is likely that your Doctor has recommended Statin drugs?
Well I want to make you aware of the other option - a way to reduce your cholesterol with diet & lifestyle changes.
GP’s allow patients a 3 month period to attempt to reduce their cholesterol levels with diet & lifestyle.
The vast majority don’t take advantage of this opportunity & instead, straight away, opt for Statin Therapy, unaware of the long-term costs & side effects.
LOOK AFTER YOUR HEART PROGRAM
A Personalised 1:1 Approach to Reduce Your Cholesterol & Improve Your Health
• Full nutrition and dietary assessment
• Wellness vision and goal setting
• Tailored nutrition plan
• Tailored lifestyle plan
• Practitioner grade supplement recommendations
• Cholesterol targets (LDL-C, HDL-C & TG)
• Grocery shopping guides, lists
• Unlimited support in between sessions via email / phone / text
3 MONTH PROGRAM
This is a 3-month program I developed to:
• reduce LDL-C cholesterol ( the bad cholesterol)
• reduce triglycerides
• increase HDL-C cholesterol (the good cholesterol)
3 months is the minimum amount of time, after which, you can expect to see improvements in blood results. The Program is a combination of a plant-based diet & the Mediterranean Diet, including practitioner grade supplements & specific lifestyle recommendations.
In Addition to the core program, I offer the following optional extras:
• Functional Testing
• 1:1 Cooking Lessons
• Catered Meals - click here
WHICH FOODS WILL I BE EATING?
• whole grains
• beans & legumes
• as well as some good fats that contain omega 3 fatty acids.
These are the foods that are rich in good carbs, good fats, good proteins and other protective substances.
There are at least 100,000 substances in these foods that have powerful anti-cancer, anti-heart-disease, and anti-aging properties.
What I recommend you include, is as important as what you exclude.
As well as these healthy foods, changing your lifestyle changes your genes—turning on protective genes and turning off genes that promote inflammation, oxidative stress, and some cancers.
In addition, these lifestyle changes can lengthen telomeres, the ends of our chromosomes that regulate aging, thereby beginning to reverse aging at a cellular level.
The 3 Month Program cost is €300 & includes the following:
• Initial consultation - min. 2 hours.
• Follow-up appointment at 6 weeks -This is where we discuss your progress & make any necessary changes or introduce some additional steps in your personalized plan.
• Final Consultation at 12 weeks - evaluate your results & discuss strategies going forward
• Constant contact - unlimited phone & email support during the program
• I may recommend that you purchase some supplements.
CATERING - coming soon!
• Catered 'Love Your Heart' Meal Delivery Service COMING SOON! CLICK HERE to register your interest
THE DRUG-FREE APPROACH
My research in this area led me to Dr. Dean Ornish - a pioneer of the drug-free approach to altering serum cholesterol levels. He is the head of The Preventive Medicine Research Institute in California. He has shown, that you can lower cholesterol levels dramatically, by changing your diet.
DR. DEAN ORNISH
In a study of participants who went on the Ornish Lifestyle Medicine Diet, which focuses on plant-based protein (no fish or meat) and daily cholesterol of 10mg or less, participants averaged a 40% decrease in cholesterol without medication.
In addition, striking mortality benefits have been reported independently of its cholesterol-lowering effects.
In terms of practical application though, the Ornish Diet is strict & most people find it difficult to adhere to.
THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET
The Mediterranean diet, on the other hand, is both enjoyable and affordable and is supported by strong epidemiological trial data.
Combining a Mediterranean diet with cholesterol-lowering plant stanols from vegetables as well as omega 3’s from salmon/mackerel or fish oil further enhances its effectiveness.